Thursday, November 8, 2012

Two months


My baby is already two months old! Where does that time go??  We have already witnessed many, many smiles and sweet baby coos. He usually will smile big for Jonathan when he comes home from work, which is a big treat! My favorite part of the day with him is the morning though, because he wakes up in the best mood babbling and smiling with excitement for about an hour or so! It definitely takes the edge off the fact he kept me up all night, and it's still too early to want to wake up :) Within just these two months, Colten has already brought so much joy to our family, and we're loving watching him grow up (but not too fast!) 

Aside from Jonathan and Colten, my biggest focus lately has been on getting the house in order. It's no easy task moving with a newborn, much less decorating a house twice as large as what we had before! But, I do have a few parts of the house that I'm loving, and wanted to share the progress on here with you! 

First off, the two big pieces of furniture we knew we wanted to invest in were a bed, and kitchen table. As for the bed, our previous one's head board actually fell apart. Plus, we had decided if we could find a good deal we would like to graduate to a King size. Well, I've always dreamed of a four post bed, and so I started searching on Craig's list months ago (because I would probably die of a heart attack before paying full price for one) I finally landed on this AH-MA-ZING one that was a great deal. The nice thing too is our master bedroom is really big, so with this baby in there, it actually looks 'normal' size. (I will post pictures of the whole room after it's done later on)

So, same thing with the kitchen table, started searching on Craig's list months ago, knowing I wanted a farmhouse table to go with my decorating taste, and I found this one: (excuse the clutter on top)
These are two projects that I am happy to have finished in between Colten's naps :) You could say I was 'pin-spired' to do these awesome enlarged black and white photos. I saw on pinterest that staples did them for a little over a dollar each! I bought these huge frames a while back at a thrift store for $3 each knowing I wanted to try it out. I sanded and stained the frames, then just popped in the print outs and in the end was only a $14 project. (Saving money makes me happy if you couldn't tell) Then I reused an old window I had decorated with in my other house. I painted it and added the photo behind! The window is definitely my favorite decor so far :) 
Anyways, that's about all that I've done so far. I'll have to post more pictures of it complete later on. Until then, I want to try and get better at more frequent blogging! 

Thanks for stopping by! :) 

5 comments:

  1. He is so adorable, loving the house too! :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious - love his half smile!! (o:

    How fun decorating your new house - I LOVE your new table, it's very you! And I love your Pinterest projects too. I wish I had more time to do some of those things. Can't wait to see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Btw I have no idea why the words are all different sizes and fonts and some highlighted...apparently I have formatting issues? Anyways thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww the two month old pictures of Colten are precious, adorable and awesome. He is such a pretty, pretty baby grandson. Colten looks very happy and is growing like crazy. :-)

    I love what you did with the frames and the pictures you chose to display in the frames. Good job. Not only do you have a newborn but decorating is progressing in baby steps, right? :-) BUT, Katie your talent is glowing in both areas, being a new mommy and decorating your new home. I love, love what you did with the window with the larger picture of you and Jonathan - like it better this way, the other way was nice, but this way is a statement. Of course, I love your bed and new table and bench. Did the table come with chairs, as well? A perfect size table for the space...loving everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm liking how everything is turning out so far. I like having creative/fun things in all the rooms but it is time consuming! The table just came with two benches, I will have to still find some chairs for it eventually...

      Delete